Horizontal Interlocking System
- WALL / SOFFIT
Features & benefits
- Provides a smooth, flat appearance with negative details.
- Natural ventilated air flow.
- Solid panel design installed directly on to a galvanised top hat or trapezoidal substructure and fixed directly onto the structural element of the building.
- It is classified as a rain screen system allowing water to enter through the panel surface and drain behind in a ventilated cavity.
- Fully waterproof with the use of membranes, without the use of exposed mastics and sealants.
- Flexibility in overall appearance. Joints can vary from 15–25mm.
- The panels are adaptable in width. Fully non-combustible certified solution.
- Superior quality aluminium, produced overseas and available for use in all our panel systems.
- Alloy 3005 with a temper of H42.
- Pre-painted using a PVDF paint system, using at least two layers to produce a minimum paint thickness of 27 microns.
- Can be used in areas without direct rainfall with no corroding or discolouring.
- Composed of very high quality zinc (at least 99% pure) alloyed with copper and titanium to make it harder and stronger, increasing both mechanical and creep resistance.
- Continues to develop a natural protective layer (or patina) as it ages, self-repairing any marks and scratches throughout its lifetime.
- Lifespan of 70–100 years, depending on exact location.
- As a result of surface oxidisation caused by weathering, copper forms a protective barrier (patina) that resists further corrosion and extends its life.
- This results in ongoing colour changes depending on the environment – from blue-green to nut-brown.
Retains its bright red copper colouring after installation, before forming a protective oxide layer and gradually changing from matt, through a wide range of brown tones, and finally a robust green patina on sloping surfaces.
|Aluminium PVDF coated||Zinc||Copper|
|Thickness||Min. 0.8mm||Min. 1.0mm||Min. 0.9mm|
|Panel length||Please consult us at design stage||Please consult us at design stage||Please consult us at design stage|
|Panel width||100–300mm. Standard width 300mm.||100–400mm. Standard width 300mm.||100–400mm. Standard width 300mm.|
System build up
|Wall structure||Must allow top hats to be fixed at min. 900mm centre.|
|Direct support||Top hats, galvanised 1.15mm x 35mm fixed at max. 500mm centre in opposite direction to direction of panels.|
|Underlay||Fully breathable and waterproofed membrane|
|Fixings||Fix interlocking panels to top hats at max. 500mm centre and max 100mm from end of panel.|
Fully designed, build up system
Fully supported cladding system including plywood, membrane, metal and fixings, complete with all flashings, trims and waterproofed details meeting adjoining building materials.
|Warranty||Min. 15 years warranty|
|Materials||Interlocking cassette panels available in materials and colours as above. For aluminium, must be 3005 alloy with min. H42 temper. Only PVDF coated aluminium, with a primer and min. two layer paint is suitable for this application.|
|Installation||Recommended and approved installers only|
|Manufacture||CASA System’s state-of-the-art machinery has been specifically developed to work with non-ferrous precious metals. Our manufacturing facility has been purpose-built to roll form, fold, curve and pack materials in accordance with the requirements of these type of metals. Only metals formed in CASA System’s facility form part of the system to ensure full warranty.|